August 24, 2018

Friday Reads: Midsummer Magic



Midsummer Magic by Julia Williams


I hate to say this but there are only a few more weeks left until Fall. Until then I've decided to indulge in a few more lighthearted reads before I go back to the many historical novels waiting on my bookshelf. This week I'm reading Midsummer Magic by English author Julia Williams. The story takes place in Cornwall, one of my favourite parts of England.

The back cover mentions an "evening by the standing stones". These monuments date back to the Bronze Age and are believed to have played a role in ancient burial rites. While driving to Fowey a couple of years ago we passed the Tristan Stone on the side of the road and I managed (barely) to get this photo through the window of our moving motor coach. I'm curious to find out how these relics of Cornwall's past will figure in the plot.



The Tristan Stone, Cornwall


If you'd like to see more books with Cornwall as a setting, visit me on Goodreads and browse my Bookshelf for the British Isles.

Are your reading habits influenced by the time of year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.