April 29, 2019

Paris, Always a Good Idea

For the last couple of years, all of my travels to fascinating destinations have been of the armchair variety – via lots of good books and a few good movies. But things are about to get a lot more exciting when I board an Air France flight to Paris for a two-week sojourn in la belle France. As said so well in the film Sabrina, "Paris is always a good idea." Who am I to argue?



Paris, the City of Light



I plan to revisit some of the city's most famous sights, like the Orsay and Louvre museums, and charming historic neighbourhoods like Montmartre and Ile de la Cité. The recent devastating fire at Notre-Dame de Paris reminds me that I shouldn't take these icons of French culture for granted. They may not be here forever.



Musée d'Orsay, Paris



Musée du Louvre, Paris



Montmartre, Paris



Ile de la Cité, Paris



Notre-Dame de Paris



This time when I stroll through the Tuileries Garden, I plan to sit beneath the chestnut trees for a few peaceful moments with a glass of wine or café au lait. I'm going to cross the Pont Alexandre III bridge and go inside the glass-domed Grand Palais to see La Lune, an exhibit celebrating the 50th anniversary of man's first steps on the Moon. And I'll get close enough to the Trocadéro Gardens to feel the cooling mist from the Warsaw Fountains.



Jardin des Tuileries, Paris



Grand Palais, Paris



Jardins du Trocadéro, Paris


Experiences such as these in Paris will make up only half of my vacation in France. I'll also be touring Normandy, Brittany and the grand chateaux of the Loire Valley. And I can't wait to tell you all about it!


***

La Lune, The Moon
Grand Palais, Paris
April 3 to July 22, 2019
https://www.grandpalais.fr/en/event/moon


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.