November 24, 2014

Travel Theme: Colourful

When taking photos on my travels, I'm drawn to vibrant colours. And this week's theme gives me the opportunity to look back on some of my favourite shots. I've always been partial to the colour blue, so I especially liked this little fellow spotted while visiting London in 2010. The Elephant Parade was taking place across the city's parks and walkways to raise awareness of the endangered Asian elephant and raise funds for the World Wildlife Fund.


Elephant Parade, London

We're lucky we even noticed this tiny frog. He nearly fades into the background next to these bright yellow flowers in the gardens of the Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild on Cap Ferrat, France.

Gardens of the Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild, Cap Ferrat


While dining in the town of Saint Remy-de-Provence, I ordered what was described on the menu as a simple chicken salad. I was delighted with the colourful platter of fruits and vegetables that accompanied my poulet.


Provençal Salad

In Venice, our water taxi stopped long enough to capture a photo of a jet about to land at Marco Polo Airport as a fiery sunset blazed across the waters of the lagoon.


Sunset Over the Venetian Lagoon

Elsewhere in the Venetian lagoon, houses on the fisherman's island of Burano are painted in a rainbow of colours which reflect off the quiet canals as evening falls.


Burano, the Fisherman's Island

Visit Where's my backpack? for more colourful photos and news on next week's travel theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.