December 21, 2018

Friday Reads: One Day in December




One Day in December by Josie Silver



The book I'm reading this week is One Day in December, the debut novel of author Josie Silver and December pick of Reese's Book Club, the online book club curated by Reese Witherspoon. The actress who loves to read said the book "absolutely charmed me".

This romantic comedy tells the story of a young woman named Laurie who locks eyes with a man through the window of her London bus on a snowy December day, knowing instantly that he is the one. Over the next year she searches for her "bus boy" and only finds him when he's introduced to Laurie as her best friend Sarah's new boyfriend, Jack.



London Doubler Decker Bus



I've already read three-quarters of the book and I love this story too. I was hooked early on by scenes of the festive season, like being warmed by a cozy pub fireplace and glass of red wine after trekking the snow-covered streets of London to find the perfect holiday gift for Sarah. I'm adding "Christmas in London" to my travel bucket list!



London Pub  


I'll also be watching for the next novel by Josie Silver, The Two Lives of Lydia Bird, due out in December 2019.

You'll find more of Reese Witherspoon's book recommendations at https://hello-sunshine.com/book-club.

Josie Silver's web site is josiesilver.com.

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.